"Things past belong to memory alone; Things future are the property of hope."- John Home
We forget how much life can change in the blink of an eye. What was once a normalcy becomes the past and a new lifestyle evolves. Change is the very essence of life and you have to welcome it with open arms. Unforeseeable events can and will happen; promotions, a fight, a lie that comes to the surface- these all change perspective and as we all know, perception is reality. Plenty of times, the initial shock of a change is scary and seems like things are falling apart. That's when you take a step back to analyze the situation and see that even if you don't understand or appreciate new developments occurring, in the end it's all for the better.
Imagine a world with one point of view, one way of doing things, one genre, one direction- where would we be? If Gandhi never shared his thoughts, Mother Theresa didn't love, and Martin Luther King Jr. didn't dream, we wouldn't be the people we are today. People will criticize what they don't know or don't understand. Did that stop Da Vinci? No, but he helped mold the world regardless. If you think about it, we depend on change. Consider if technology stopped with MS-DOS or AOL 2.0.
On a more personal level, I have gone through many changes the past few months. Yes, it has had some scary moments. Yes, I have been criticized, misunderstood, and mistaken. I am not the same person I was and I have undoubtedly become a better person. "Haters gonna hate" and sometimes, you just have to let them. Truth will prevail, Karma will return, and one day, people may understand I did this for me. I can honestly say throughout this process, I have been happier than I ever imagined I could be. My past will remain a memory (the pieces I decide to keep) and my future is full of nothing but hope and excitement.
Cheers to leaving the past in the past, living in the present, and dreaming for the future.



No comments:
Post a Comment